The OWL programme isn't running in the academic year 15-16, but if you would like to express an interest for 16-17, please email Caroline Carroll on email@example.com.
Here are some details about the programme:
OWL - Outstanding Ways to Learn Programme
Why be an outstanding teacher? Surely Ofsted inspections and Performance Review aren’t the only reasons!
This new, cross-phase programme, designed by Millais’ outstanding facilitators, will engage teachers on the following levels:
- encourage consideration of how to develop day-to-day teaching to make lessons more engaging and challenging for pupils
- look at and consider ways of making teaching practice intrinsically outstanding, by thinking about how children learn and strategies which enable them to make sustained progress
- aim to use discussion and tips to enhance current practice, instead of looking at endless lesson criteria and starting from scratch
- learn from the others in the group, as well as the teaching experience of the training facilitators (who are all still secondary teachers themselves)
- cover aspects of lesson planning, assessment, challenge & engagement and differentiation over four, fortnightly sessions
- set school-based learning tasks in the interim weeks which should feed into the sessions to enhance practice even further
If you are the teacher who wants to make a long term difference for your pupils, starting tomorrow, then this could be the programme for you!